Welcome! We hope this resource will help you to more easily find special education due process hearing decisions, orders, case law, sample letters for parents and other documents relating to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA 2004), the California Education Code and California's Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH).
California Special Education Law Wiki
Our Wiki is now and probably always will be a work in progress. There's nearly an infinite number of legal resources we would like to add. Our goal is to help parents of special needs children, as well as special education attorneys and advocates, to more easily access, understand and make sense of California special education administrative hearing decisions and related legalese in an intuitive interface with enhanced search capabilities.
Currently our database includes hearing decisions from late 2006 through the present (each week new decisions are added).
Due Process Hearing Decision Statistics
The following links show statistics from due process hearing outcomes sorted by prevailing party, administrative law judges and student's representation.
- 2016 OAH Decision Statistics
- 2015 OAH Decision Statistics
- 2014 OAH Decision Statistics
- 2013 OAH Decision Statistics
- 2012 OAH Decision Statistics
- 2011 OAH Decision Statistics
- 2010 OAH Decision Statistics
- 2009 OAH Decision Statistics
Be sure to check out our Topics & Issues Index which is intended to make it easier to find specific concepts or issues referenced in the hearing decisions. At minimum, all decisions are tagged with the local educational agency (LEA), administrative law judge and the decision rendered.
We are also seeking the following information to add to the database:
- District or federal court decisions overturning or upholding OAH decisions
To get started on accessing the wiki, there are currently four options:
- Click on a category in the right column
- Enter your keyword into the search box at the top of the page
- Browse the Topics & Issues Index
Recent Due Process Hearing Decisions
Student v. New Haven Unified School District – Split Decision
Student v. Southern Kern Unified School District – Student Prevailed