Proudly Representing Children & Their Families
Timothy A. Adams & Associates, APLC, is a special education law firm in Orange County, California serving special needs children and their families. Our attorneys have a proven record of excellence in representing clients throughout California.
We primarily practice in these areas of special needs law:
- Special Education (IEPs, Mediation, Resolution Meetings and Due Process Hearings)
- Regional Center Law (California's Lanterman Act Fair Hearings)
- Special Education Appellate Advocacy
Adams & Associates advocates for special needs children of all ages. Our experienced special education lawyers are prepared to assist you with Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings for your child, filing compliance complaints with the California Department of Education, filing or defending against a due process complaint, or initiating a state or federal appeal from an unfavorable administrative law judge’s decision.
Our firm also provides representation to families regarding Regional Center matters including Individual Family Service Plans (IFSPs), Individual Program Plans (IPPs) and fair hearings under California’s Lanterman Act as well as early intervention services under IDEA Part C (infants and toddlers, birth-3rd birthday).
California Special Education Law Wiki
In our mission to help special needs children, we've been working hard on our California Special Ed Law Wiki to help parents, as well as special education lawyers and advocates, more easily access, understand and make sense of California special education hearing decisions and related legalese in an intuitive interface with enhanced search capabilities.
Our database includes:
- California's Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) Decisions
- Statistics on California special education hearing decisions
- Sanctions against special education attorneys and school districts
- Sample letters for parents of special needs children
- Advocacy articles
- Other documents relating to special education law, IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) 2004 and the California Education Code
It's a work in progress, so we hope you'll become a member and help us with your insight, suggestions and comments to expand the wiki. Currently our database includes hearing decisions from late 2006 through the present (each week new decisions are added).
Serving Special Needs Families throughout California
If you would like to know if Adams & Associates can help you with your child’s unique needs, please contact us to set up an appointment for a free consultation with one of our special education attorneys.